Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Review

Here is the link to my book review of The Information: A History, A Theory, A Flood by James Gleick.

http://www.slideshare.net/hlmurraynh/information-book-review

I decided to use SlideShare for this project, which allows you to upload and share PowerPoint presentations. Two other interesting features about the website: users can comment on the presentation, similar to other social network sites, and a transcript appears below the presentation itself.

I had some difficulty with this project, trying to synthesize a 420-page book into a presentation. This may have been primarily due to the fact that the author's tone and approach to the subject matter was different than what I had anticipated.

1 comment:

  1. Just viewed your book review--great job with what seems like a complex book, that focused more on the history of information that the 2.0 world.

    I used VoiceThread and also liked that users can comment, and like you also faced some challenges uploading..at one point I actually took digital pictures of my pictures..so I trashed that Thread..after 3 tries I finally got it right!

    Loraine

    ReplyDelete